Sunday, June 5, 2011

Parasocial relating v Real experiences: Round Two

Just a follow up from my last post: I got over it. It wasn't easy, but I did. So now I just feel normal again and I prefer it.

Thinking back to a post I posted in February (here), I think this is another point on the side of parasocial relating in the parasocial relating v real experiences debate. I would much rather have a hopeless crush on a make-believe character then a real person. I never expect to actually be with a make-believe person, so it doesn't hurt when I can't. You can also switch off feelings for characters much more easily. Less mess, less fuss, more ability to forget about it and do homework for an hour.

Three weeks until my first Law School Exams. Yay. Five weeks until the last Harry Potter movie. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment