Saturday, June 25, 2011

Case Study: High School Crushes

Okay, here's the big question. I want to know why in all hell I fall for the people I do. What is the connection, what is the appeal? So here it is: a profile of the major people I've had romantic feelings for, organised by which Year level I was in. Let's case study and try to work out the whys of it.

Primary School (Year 4-7): Good at everything. Very popular. Self-assured and kind of mean. Truly delightful when not trying to impress friends. Brunette. Atheist. Undisputedly good-looking

Year 9: Total drop-kick. No ambition or concentration. Little intelligence. Not very good looking either. Looked a little like a toad. Very mildly bad-boy. Told very bad jokes and was in general a distracting person. Atheist. Sandy Brown hair.

Year 10: Christian. Particularly into marriage. Moody, serious. Not big on communication. Very good dresser. Glasses. Blonde. Very sweet, very gentlemanly but with potential for great tactlessness.

Year 11: Incredibly Smart. Nerdy. Glasses. Brunette. Heavy thinker. Not incredibly perceptive but really, really kind. Christian.

Year 12: Sandy Blonde. Funny, great sense of humour. Very committed Christian. Amazing singing voice, calming presence. Sweet but VERY stubborn. Glasses.

Currently: Atheist. Blonde. European descent (read: REALLY good-looking). Fearless, friendly, sexy. Juvenile and kind of a people-pleaser.

The only pattern so far is there were more blondes. Great. I have a blonde fetish. Not helpful because I already knew that. I'll have to think deeper.

I notice that, apart from year 9, they all  have really big, bold personalities. And, this time excepting Year 12 all were very sure of themselves to cover up for deep insecurities. So maybe I have a 'saving-people thing' like Harry Potter. Of course deep insecurities covers pretty much anyone in High School so there's not much of an insight there. There is an even spread between Atheists and Christians, so apparently religion neither attracts nor repels me particularly.

There were three with glasses, but again this is no new insight for me. I know I have a bit of a thing for nerds and for glasses.

So, purely on the data at hand, it seems my ideal mate:
  1. Is a blonde
  2. Is a bit nerdy 
  3. Is Either Atheist or Christian. 
  4. Is very open and has a bold personality
  5. Has some serious insecurities.
  6. Wears glasses
I can't find any more common factors. At least I now have something to compare people against when I'm 'on the prowl' (so to speak, I don't really prowl per se, not dating-wise. I really more lurk. Or Facebook Stalk.)

Romantic attraction is still a mystery, even after this highly scientific case study. Well that was a waste of time. Ah well. I finished exams today, it's not like I have anything else I need to do. A whole month totally free now! I celebrated by making wands.


My Polygamist sims family has four children now, all toddler or baby, with another one on the way. It has been helpful having three parents with that many children. I'll have to post about them soon, because quite frankly they are one of my best ever Sims families.  

No comments:

Post a Comment