Thursday, April 14, 2011

Everyone has a THAT person

That is a dramatic title but bear with me. My bitch for tonight is highly relatable. It's about that person who is so sublimely attractive to you that it won't matter that:

a) You have not much in common
b) The relationship wouldn't work anyway
c) You haven't spoken in ages
d) They don't even like you like that and never will

You'll still turn to a total pile of quivering, non-breathing jelly at the sight of them.

There are people you like that make more sense.

There are people you like that you have a better shot with.

There are people who actually like you!

But nevertheless...THAT person has the greatest effect every time. What's that about?!

Shakespeare wrote that "Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." I think this is complete bollocks. If I fell in love with the options my common sense suggests I'd be happily dating someone instead of blogging my singleness misery to the oblivion of the internet. My love (read: lust) really doesn't look with the mind. If it did it wouldn't consider the taken people, siblings of friends (BIG no-no), people of a really conflicting religion to mine, people of a non-corresponding sexual orientation....and yet all of these inconvenient roadblocks I have faced because my eyes are in the drivers seat of my affections.

Just FYI, as it's already pretty obvious, I had an encounter with my THAT person today. Lots of hugging, lots of 'miss you', lots of covert omigod-omigod-omigod on my part. And now I just feel restless from it. Doesn't matter that I've spent the two months without seeing them carefully packing my feelings away and moving on, ten minutes in their gorgeous presence and WHAM! totally in love again.

I really sicken myself. But good news: that little facebook crush I did manage to suppress. I knew it had to be boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment