Monday, April 18, 2011

What is 'A Life' and how did I get one?

Finally, after years of searching. After grasping in the dark and coming out with nothing. After a long and nerdy High School I finally feel as though I may have acquired what I was once pleaded with to get.

Namely: A Life.

That's right folks, I've gotten a life. Might be temporary, I'm not sure. It's basically because of the unnatural amount of eighteenth birthday parties lately. But I have been out Friday night, Saturday night and now again tonight. And I've been invited to another party in a few weeks.

Tonight I am pondering the ramifications of having an actual life. The having of a life is fairly subjective, though, as I still spent Saturday ordering Harry Potter costumes and today cleaning my Dolls House. But in spite of my newfound socialiability I don't feel any different. It's just a subtle change beneath the surface, a new knowledge that I have a life rather than not. I do feel tireder. Especially after Saturday night which was the wildest party I've ever been to and anyone who was there would acknowledge that as an indicator of just how sheltered and life-less I've been in the past.

So I'm not sure why everyone was so keen for me to get a life all through High School. I'm still annoying and nerdy, they are just exposed to it more now. Heh. What a revelation. Getting a life really does benefit me first and foremost. Because although I can't pinpoint the difference exactly, I think I could really get to like this having a life thing.

Honestly though, if I had to choose between having a life and having the gorgeous Gryffindor robe that will shortly be coming my way, I'd take the robe every time. So I haven't changed that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment